Instructions for setting up Automatic Recurring Payments:
These instructions explain how to sign up for automatic recurring payments via the website. Alternately, you may use the paper form found on the back of your monthly bill.
We recommend printing these instructions or logging into your account in a separate window.
- Sign into your account.
- On the left side of the screen, look for the large words "Account Settings".
- The last item below "Account Settings" is "Auto Pay" and it will either say "Enrolled" or "Not Enrolled". To sign up for autopay or to change your existing autopay (ie. change credit cards or bank accounts), click on the Edit button immediately to the right.
- The Auto Pay screen will appear on the right side. Select "Credit Card" for payments from a Credit or Debit card. If you wish to have your automatic payments taken directly from your bank account, you must fill out and mail in the paper form on the back of your bill.
- You will be taken to an authorize.net secure form. Click on "Add a New Payment Method". This will open a detail screen in another window. If no screen appears, make sure you don't have pop-ups blocked.
- Fill out the form completely. The card code is the 3-digit code found on the back right of most cards. On American Express cards, the code is on the front and is 4-digits.
- After clicking Save, you will be returned to the first authorize.net screen.
- Ignore the Shipping informtion section. It is not needed.
- Click Save at the bottom of the form only once. Be patient. Authorize.net will confirm the validity of your card, which may take up to several minutes, and then return you to the payment portal screen where you will see a "Confirmation" message. If you do not get a confirmation, your card did not save.
Once your autopayment is set up, your monthly payments will automatically be deducted once a month. This date can be found on your water or sewer company's website.
- + Accounts beginning with 003, 004, 005, 009, 013, 014 and 030 will be deducted on the 5th of every month.
- + Accounts beginning with 010, 012, 016, 018, 019 and 020 will be deducted on the 20th of every month.
- + Accounts beginning with 031 will be deducted on the 21st of every month.
- + Accounts beginning with 006, 007, 008, 011, and 015 will be deducted on the 25th of every month.
- + Accounts beginning with 002 will be deducted on the 5th, 20th, or 25th of every month, based upon the account's billing cycle (more information).
IMPORTANT: If you sign up for automatic payments after the monthly deduction date, your payment will NOT be automatically taken for the current month. In this case, you MUST make a separate one-time payment for the current amount due.